Catalogus Librorum in Bibliotheca Norvicensi
( NORWICH CITY LIBRARY ) NORWICH CITY LIBRARY.
NEAR FINE COPY
Published: Norwich, 1883
Stock code: 169
Roy. 8vo., title in red and black; brown cloth, upper board framed in blind and blocked with the arms of the City of Norwich in gilt, a remarkably bright, clean copy of an uncommon work.
The first catalogue, published in 1706, was followed by Mackerell's compilation of 1732. The present (and last published) edition lists over 1,700 works, the latest of which were published in the early eighteenth century, together with an extensive list of benefactors. Amongst the collection are a number of specimens of early printing by Caxon, De Worde, Julian Notary, Pynson, Grafton and several continental printers. There is also a collection of Elizabethan and Jacobean theological tracts relating to the Reformation, and another of Chancery Records. Among the donors to the library were the Rev. Richard Ireland and the Rev. Thomas Nelson, each of whom presented his entire library. The former also donated his copy of the celebrated Wiklif Bible, now in the Norfolk and Norwich Musum. SCARCE. Darroch and Taylor, 5569.